Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Boats on Ice


I spent a long, cold weekend at the creek house. I was there to keep an eye on the boats to make sure the weight of the snow didn't collapse the boat lifts. The first night the power went out. I quickly learned there were things I couldn't live without - hot coffee, my laptop, heat, noise. It was so quiet. The only sound was my own voice. The snow on the roof muffled everything. I found a couple of bundles of wood in the garage and sat in front of the fireplace reading my kindle. Then I walked to the top of the driveway and snapped a few photos. Then quickly back to the house to warm myself in front of the fire. When the power was finally restored the first thing I did was make a pot of coffee. Then I lowered the boat lifts and climbed aboard and scooped out the snow with the blade of a kayak paddle. So much for my grand adventure during the blizzard of '09.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home