Saturday, May 02, 2009

Elephant Walk on DeSales Street


DSCN2370, originally uploaded by imustwrite.

It was just what everyone needed after a week of pandemnics and torture memos. For an hour yesterday afternoon were were all uninvited guests at a traditional Indian wedding. Drumming, laughter and cheers mingled with the honking of impatient commuters as the happy groom rode an elephant slowly down DeSales Street. As I rode the elevator back up to my office one woman summed up my reaction -- "I only watched for an hour, but those images will be with me for days."

2 Comments:

Blogger GW said...

How surreal to have that spectacle going by on a street!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Catherine E. White said...

Wow! How cool! There were no elephants at our wedding. Might be a good reason for a DO OVER! :-)

Thanks so much for the photo, and I look forward to following you more on Twitter too. I'm @cewhite there!

--Catherine--*
Catherine E. White (married to Stuart for 24 years now!)

Creators of Life Balance software
for Palm OS, Macintosh, Windows and iPhone.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home