Saturday, July 07, 2007

Land of Enchantment - Day One

We're here! Only glitch was a speeding ticket north of Santa Fe. 77 in a 65 mph zone. Because it is a "reservation" offense(?) it won't go on John's driving record. Yes. He got the ticket. Not me. My record is still clean. As I remind him each time he gets a ticket: "I have never in my life gotten a ticket for a moving violation!"

Couldn't see much on the trip from ABQ to Taos. It was midnight when we got here. Rock Star Cola and a Snickers Bar kept John awake on the drive to Taos. I'm still half asleep.I woke up at 5:20 AM Mountain Time, determined to get the most out of this week at the Taos Summer Writing Conference. John is still sleeping. The room is a little stuffy and it looks like every other Comfort Suites - I guess. One of the first things I want to do is get a real coffee cup. I didn't lug good coffee with me for 2000 miles to drink it out of a paper cup.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home